| Home | About Us | Blog | Photos | Links | Webcam | Contact Us |
       Read my archived posts! Click Here

Thursday, September 27, 2007
Sorry I haven't had an upadate recently.. it has been really crazy around here. Becca arrived here on Sunday around 3:30 and it was great to see her and katie. We spent most of the day setting up her things like her desk and entertainment center, and getting her room all organized. It is nice to have her around. Sunday evening the four of us all ended up going out to Litos Pizza for dinner. Katie or Becca hadn't had it before and they really liked it. After eating That evening we all just went back to the house and hung out there for awhile.

I ended up taking Monday off of work also so we could get a few more things done that we needed. One thing we did was return her rental van to the airport. We thought we would just return the van and then get a different cheaper car instead. Turns out they didn't have any other vehicles available at the time though so we were stuck there Until Allie got off work to pick us up. I didn't think to follow behind them in my car. We only had to wait for about 30 minutes though so it wasn't too bad. So we ended up dropping Allie off at school and taking her car to another car rental place that had a vehicle available. We had called in ahead of time to rent the cheapest car they had but when we got there they didn't have those either but they gave us an upgrade car for the same price. It was a 2008 Chevy Malibu. It was pretty nice. After picking up the rental the next thing to do was drive around and try to find Becca a Mattress for her bed. That is actually easier said then done. Those things are pretty expensive too. We ultimately ended up going to one store and ended finding out that one of my Friends works there. He told us what he had and we considered it but still did some more comparison shopping.. In the end we went back to his store though and Bought the cheapest he had available. It wasn't going to be in stock though for like a week and a half. So we then stopped by Target to pick up an Air Matress that Becca could use in the mean time. We also stopped by Kroger and got a few food things Becca could have until she could go and make a real grocery shopping trip. That evening after Allie got out of class she came over to the house. I ended up leaving around 6:00 though to take my van over to My pastors house. Turns out it is still acting up and he said he would be happy to look at it. We were able to look at some stuff but it ended up getting too dark to work on it anymore so we decided to continue Tuesday night.

Tuesday was kind of an interesting day for me at Work. Early that morning Becca and Katie left with thier rental car up to Washington DC to spend the day then drop katie off at the airport the next morning. All that day at work I was running around trying to fix some major problems with the network here. It involved the printers and we had to visit every network printer to change settings on it. That was a whole day event and we didn't get to have a break for lunch until around like 3:00 when things started to settle down a bit. It was pretty crazy. After work I headed back over to my Pastors House and we started as early as possible so we could have the daylight on our side. He has all kinds of cool diagnostic tools and we ended up checking the vacuum system on the car and we checked compression on the cylinders. It was a lot harder then normal though because the engine is so compressed in the hood because it is a minivan. We had to work around in the cramped space. Every test we ran came back as working ok though. So we still weren't able to narrow it down. There are some other things we can still try but he suggested I get some Fuel Injection Cleaner and try that first. We'll see what else we can try next week sometime.

Wednesday things at work were back to normal for the most part. They wanted me to come in a half hour early though just incase there were any residule issues. But it ended up being a pretty uneventful morning. Around 11:30 or so I took my lunch break and met up with Becca. She had just got back from DC from Dropping Katie off and I was going to follow her to the car rental place to return her car and drive her back to the house. So Becca is now car-less and stranded at the house until Allie or I take her places. Keep in prayer that a decent car would come around for her sometime. The rest of the day she just stayed at the house and pretty much finished up organizing everything in her room. After I got off work I went back to the house and Becca and I made some dinner. It was just about ready by the time Allie got back home from class too so the three of us ate together. Wednesday night at my church we had a night of prayer. It is the first one we have had in quite awhile. Allie helped to organize it. So the three of us headed over to the church for that. On the way to the church Becca and I stopped at Big Lots to buy her a comptuer chair first because it was kind of on the way. We got to the church about 10 minutes before it started though. It went from about 7:00 to around 8:30 or so. It was pretty good. Allie ended up taking Becca home after it was over though and I just went straight home after that. I was really tired though so I pretty much went right to bed. .. I think that pretty much makes the blog current. I should get on over to work now though. Bye for now.
posted by Jeremy Dillinger @ 10:21 AM 

       Read my archived posts! Click Here