| Home | About Us | Blog | Photos | Links | Webcam | Contact Us |
       Read my archived posts! Click Here

Thursday, March 27, 2008
I've still been fighting a cold since my last blog post. It just doesn't seem to want to let go. I hope it doesn't last much longer, its starting to become annoying.

So anyway, the party that we threw for Allie's Birthday a few sunday's ago was a success she really had a lot of fun. A bunch of her friends came as well as her Sister Stephanie, and she brought her two little girls that she is foster parenting It was really cool. It started out kind of a slow party but after awhile everyone was having fun. Then Wednesday was her actually birthday and she had that day off work so she spent most of the day with her Mom. But that evening I took her out for dinner to a Japanese steak house place and we both had fun there. After eating out we went back to her Mom's house for the rest of the evening and had more birthday desserts and she opened a few more presents. I had saved my present for her to open wednesday instead of sunday. Then we watched a movie after that. It was pretty good.

On Friday Allie and I left to go to North carolina to spend the weekend with her family down there. Her step mom was having a huge 50th birthday party that weekend and her dad had invited all of Allie's extended family to come and a bunch of friends and things. I met all kinds of people there that I had never met before. A bunch of her aunts and uncle's came from out of town. I asked her dad and I think people had come from like 7 different states to the party. They had a big dinner and a live band playing too. There was dancing also but I didn't really like that part of it much. But Allie's step Mom Maureen really enjoyed herself though and that is what really matters. They also had a bunch of different kind of wine there also. Allie and I both tried two of them, I really did not like either kind I tasted though. I took one tiny sip and couldn't stand to have anymore. I don't understand how people can like that stuff. Allie didn't hate it as much as I did, but I don't think she was that fond of it either. Anyway the party went on until around 11:00 or so and then we stayed after to help clean up and didn't get out of there until around 12:30. That was better then we had originally thought though. We were thinking it would take until around 2:00am to clean up everything. Everybody was extremelly tired though and by the time we got back to the house, it was pretty much right to bed for everyone. The next morning Maureen was having a bridal shower for Allie on Saturday and a lot of the people that came to her party the night before were going to be showing up to the bridal shower the next day. So that worked out really well for her. A lot of people showed up that wouldn't have been able to otherwise because they lives so far away and in other states and things. So anyway I went out with Allie's dad and brothers for that morning while the shower was going on we had a good time. We stopped for lunch at a place called Steak and Shake. It was a fun little restaraunt. After getting back home, most of the women had left so we were allowed back in the house =). Allie was excited to show me all the gifts she had gotten. She got a lot of really cool stuff. It sounded like it was a lot of fun. Someone even got me a gift too! I got a hacksaw, every guy needs one of those you know! They had a nice spread of snacks and stuff for her too. They had all kinds of fruit and and cheese and things. Her cake looked really good too! I know she really enjoyed herself there. Through the rest of the afternoon I was recruited to work on her Dad's Computer at the house. It had gotten infested with some spyware and virues and stuff so I went through and cleaned all that stuff out for them. It ended up taking me almost three hours or so but I think they were all set to go by the time I was done.

Later that evening we were invited to dinner with her uncle and one of her cousins and her cousin's boyfriend. We were originally going to go to an italian restaraunt they had there about a 30 minute drive away but the wait ended up being about two hours or so. We ended up going to a different restaraunt instead but it was still really fun. Her cousin ended up offering to treat us also and that was a nice surprise. The whole outing ended up going pretty late though and we didn't get back to the house until around 10:30 that night and Allie and I still had to drive back to Lynchburg also. I wanted to be at my church for Easter Sunday. So we finally arrived back in the L-town about 1:30 Sunday morning. It was a really fun weekend though and both of us enjoyed out time down there.

Easter at my church was really good. We had a total of around 125 people and everything went pretty smoothly. It was really nice. Then we ended up going to lunch at the Donneberg's house and spending the easter afternoon with them. It was a pretty relaxing day. I still wasn't feeling all that well though so I ended up taking a bit of a nap after lunch. That was nice. Later that evening we watched a movie with the family and just had some down time. I like down time =).

This week so far has been a pretty typical week. Work has been off and on busy and in the evenings I've just gone to the house and hung out over there. Tuesday I went to Lowes and picked up some screen doors for the house and Tonight I'm going to have a friend come over and help me install them. Allie has been looking forward to getting those. It might help with the heating bill a little too. I guess we'll see about that. Anyway I guess thats all I'm going to write about for now. It turned out to be a long post and I'm sure you are tired from reading it all. Until next time!
posted by Jeremy Dillinger @ 7:29 AM 

       Read my archived posts! Click Here